Specific areas of interest
Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC)
Proposals are invited in the following areas of interest for utilisation of Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) data:
- Understanding lunar geo-morphological and surface processes
- Understanding evolution of mare and non mare basins through morphological mapping and surface age determination using approach of Crater Size Frequency Distribution (CSFD).
- Understanding lunar volcanic processes
- Understanding impact cratering processes
- Combined analysis of TMC and HySI data to study morphology and lithology of lunar landforms i.e Central peaks of Craters, Domes, Riles, multi-ring basins
Hyperspectral Imager (HySI)
Proposals are invited in the following areas of interest for utilisation of Hyperspectral Imager (HySI) data:
- Algorithm development for semi-automated/automated processing of radiometrically corrected, band to band registered HySI data to obtain rock type composite products.
- New algorithm development or refinement of existing algorithms for FeO and TiO2 mapping using HySI data and a comparative assessment of the HySI generated maps with that of Clementine, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO)-Wide Angle Camera (WAC) and Moon Mineralogy Mapper-derived FeO and TiO2 products.
- Lithological mapping and compositional variability of lunar mare basalts.
- Estimation of optical maturity of the lunar surface and its implications in surface composition mapping using HySI data.
- Simulation and modelling of lunar surface reflectance and radiative transfer modeling for non-linear mineral mixing analysis.
The above-mentioned topics are only indicative and PIs are free to suggest other potential topics of direct relevance. The proposals can also be a combination of several of those areas mentioned in the topics of interest under TMC and HySI.